13 Oct What is SAD and why you need exercise!
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that’s related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you’re like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.
- Tiredness or low energy
- Problems getting along with other people
- Hypersensitivity to rejection
- Heavy, “leaden” feeling in the arms or legs
Don’t worry, you are NOT alone!! Here are some things you can do to combat this condition:
- Get some exercise! Even just 20 minutes a day can boost your mood for 12 hours. Who couldn’t use that?
- LIMIT YOUR NEWS AND SOCIAL MEDIA: This is HUGE, take this advice.
- Take your happy pills! A multivitamin and extra Vitamin B12 can help during these rainy months.
- Go for coffee and chat. Talking with friends can release endorphins and make you feel great! (No negative talk!!)
- Get some light! If you work in an office get outside if there is any sun, or get a bright light and get some light therapy!
- Eat your veggies! Be sure to get a colourful array of veggies in your diet to ensure you are getting all the nutrients you need!!
- Sign up for a 5/10km run and get some friends to train with you. Then you can chat after and have coffee of course!
Remember that this too shall pass. Stay focused on your goals and keep exercising my friends!!